Can you spot a great story and tell it on different social media platforms?
Do you have a great eye for photos and videos?
Are you obsessed with all things social media?
If you answered 'Yes' to the questions above, then check out this amazing and unique opportunity to work for the CNE as a Roving Social Media Reporter.
In the role, you will report to the Advance Sales & Community Relations Manager and will be responsible for covering events, shows, and performances taking place during the 2016 CNE. You will also be creating and posting content to the CNE's social media channels.
- Plan a schedule of activities to be covered
- Post and update the CNE’s social media feeds
- Write blog posts
- Interview and interact with the public and performers
- Promote sponsor activities on-site and shows and events
- Take videos and pictures around the grounds
- Stay up-to-date with social media feeds as they pertain to the CNE
- An engaging personality, a sense of humour, and the ability to create intelligent and engaging content
- Able to appeal to various audiences, including teens and young adults.
- Responsible to post appropriate content that may not be vetted by anyone else prior to posting
- Able to capture the essence of the CNE in your coverage
- Familiarity with social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.)
- Exceptional photography skills
- Video skills an asset
- Able to work evenings/and or weekends
- Education in journalism (either as a student or graduate) an asset
If you are interested in the role, send your cover letter and resume to the CNE Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure you act quickly because applications are due by July 29, 2016.