This year, the CNE Human Resources team will be hiring hundreds of staff to work across a range of departments - from kids' programming to guest relations to the CNE casino.
Currently, the CNE Human Resources team is looking to hire staff for the following CNE jobs:
- AgVenture Attendant
- HorseCapades Attendant
- Program Attendant - Kids' World
- Grounds Crew - Ball Park
- Admission Ticket Seller
- Gate Attendant
- EXpress Train Driver
- EXpress Train/Stop Conductor
- Found Children/Lost & Found Attendant
- Guest Relations Attendant
- Info Booth Attendant
- Info Line Attendant
- Gate Concierge
- Lifeguard/Roamer (note: not an actual lifeguard position, but a customer service role)
- CNE Casino Staff (Blackjack, Roulette, Poker, etc.)
- CNE Casino Security Guard
1. Pay attention to any minimum age requirements: some jobs require you to be at least 16 or 18 years old due to insurance and operational reasons
2. You need to be available for all 18 days of the CNE: it runs from August 19 to September 5, 2016 and you need to be available during that period
3. You need to be flexible: the CNE runs from morning to night, on weekdays, weekends, and holidays so you'll need to work a variety of shifts
4. You need to attending Mandatory Orientation Session and job-specific training dates: if hired, you'll be told when the orientation and training sessions will be held - most likely, it will be before the CNE opens on August 19
To apply for a CNE job, you must complete the online application form. To access the form, visit the job ad of the position you want to apply for and scroll down to the bottom to the "Apply" section. You'll see two buttons - click "New Resume/CV" if you've never applied to the CNE before, or click "Existing Resume/CV" if you applied in a previous year.
For tips on how to apply for a CNE job - and how to make your application stand out - be sure to check out the CNE Jobs Application Tips page.