Do you have previous experience in research, writing, and/or working in a museum or gallery?
Are you available to work full-time from June 6 to September 30, 2016?
If you answered "Yes" to the questions above, then check out a unique opportunity to join the CNE's Arts & Heritage Department as an Assistant Program Coordinator.
The Assistant Program Coordinator will work under the supervision and guidance of the Program Coordinator, Arts & Heritage, and will assist with the development, creation, mounting, and interpretation of multiple original museum-style exhibits, as well as other interactive programming scheduled for the 2016 CNE.
The ideal candidate will be creative, customer service oriented, energetic, self-motivated, and reliable and able to work before, during, and after the 2016 CNE.
The job duties include:
- Conducting research
- Writing and designing didactics
- Developing interpretive plan and interactive components
- Providing administrative support
- Installing and removing exhibits
- Facilitating exhibits
- Training and supervising staff
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Self-motivated, demonstrates initiative
- Effective team member, but also able to work independently
- Reliable and responsible
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service oriented
- Flexible and able to work evenings and/or weekends is required, especially during peak period
One thing to note ... because of the short timeframe between the application deadline and the projected start date, I'd recommend that you apply as soon as possible. It wouldn't surprise me if the CNE Hiring Team is reviewing applications and interviewing on a rolling basis.
For further details, check out the full job description.