As a member of the DFC's From Farm To Table team, you will engage with CNE visitors to educate them about Canada's dairy industry. The goal of the team is to teach children about where their milk comes from and to encourage families to purchase dairy products bearing the 100% Canadian Milk symbol.
- Training: August 13, 2015 from 12PM to 5PM at the LAUNCH! – Mosaic Head office in Mississauga
- Contract duration: August 21 to September 7, 2015
- Contract type: Full-time with the possibility of an extension (on a part-time basis) to November 2015
- Educating the public about the Canadian dairy farming process and the 100% Canadian Milk symbol
- Answering various questions about the farm to table process, local agriculture and the dairy industry
- Show children the dairy milking process through the use of a mechanical cow – Moonica!
- Distributing free giveaways
- Confidence when speaking with the public
- Enthusiasm and passion
- Reliable transportation to and from the CNE
- Access to a computer with internet
- Bilingualism in French and English is considered to be a major asset
- Past experience working on a dairy farm, with a solid understanding of the dairy farming process is also a major asset
To apply for this opportunity, visit the LAUNCH! Career Portal and complete the online application form.