Over the past few days, I have received messages from job seekers looking for information about summer jobs with the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE). I visited the CNE jobs website and put in a call to the CNE's HR department and was told that the recruitment for the vast majority of CNE summer jobs will begin in mid-May.
But don't despair - if you're a full time student in post-secondary education with experience working with children, supervising a team of staff, and managing projects/events, then you're in luck.
Currently, the CNE is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant/Program Supervisor to provide administrative and planning support before the CNE begins and to help run the Kids' World attraction while the CNE is in operation.
Job duties include:
- Logistics and planning of department programs, including preparations of entertainment
contracts, cheque requisitions, purchase requisitions, work orders, event planning,
admission and parking passes, daily incident reports, etc.
- Daily office administration/clerical duties
- Liaising and communication with CNE departments and various levels of staff
- Assisting with the recruiting, training, supervision, and scheduling of departmental 18-day staff
- Assisting with the set-up and closing down of the Kids’ World Area before and after the CNE
The ideal applicant will:
- Be enrolled (or have work experience) in the areas of event/project planning and management
- Have experience working with children
- Be flexible and able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays - and ideally, able to return in subsequent seasons
- Have a valid G1 license
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references in a single PDF or Word Document to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30pm on May 14, 2015. Ensure your e-mail subject line refers to the Administrative Assistant/Program Supervisor position.