May 6, 2015

Summer Job Spotlight ... CNE hiring casino staff

Now that we're into May, hiring for the 2015 Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) will begin to ramp up quickly! And just like past years, the CNE has begun its hiring spree by hiring people to work the CNE Casino, which runs from August 2 to September 7.

If you're over the age of 18 and interested in working for the CNE Casino - either as a Dealer or as a Security Guard - then read on for more information on the requirements for each job and how to apply.

CNE Casino Dealer Jobs:

In order to be considered for a Dealer position with the CNE Casino, you will first need to complete a dealer training program for Blackjack, Poker, or Roulette, and then pay for an AGCO Gaming licence. As per the CNE's jobs website, they intend to hire all successful graduates who complete the course and receive a valid AGCO Gaming License.

For more information, including course cost, dates, and application requirements, download the CNE Casino Dealer Jobs information sheet. Or contact the Casino Training Office at 416 263 3588 or at 

CNE Casino Security Jobs:

In order to be considered for a Security position with the CNE Casino, you will need to complete a series of training seminars (including SmartServe) and then pay for an AGCO Gaming licence. No security experience is required.

Applications for the CNE Casino Security jobs will be accepted on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3pm to 8pm starting next week. You can apply on-the-spot at the CNE Casino Training School located in the Better Living Centre at 1 Ontario Drive (ask for Stephanie), or call 416 263 3588, or email

For more information, download the CNE Casino Security Jobs information sheet.


At this point, they haven't provided information on the hourly salary but I would assume that both jobs will pay at least minimum wage; however, double check prior to signing up for any courses or signing a contract.

Another thing to note is that there is a cost for taking the dealer training or security training courses. Although it may be an upfront cost, you may be able to use these courses, certifications, and licences for other job opportunities. For example, as part of the security training course, you will get SmartServe certified, which is a must if you want to work for any restaurant or establishment that serves alcohol.

Good luck!