Are you a student looking for help with your summer job search?
Are you an employer looking for assistance with advertising and filling your summer job vacancies?
Well, if you answered 'yes' to either question, then this post is for you - today I'm highlighting the free services offered by your local Service Canada Centre for Youth (SCCY).
Since 1968, SCCYs across Canada have been helping students and employers with their summer employment needs. With more than 300 SCCY locations across Canada, all of which are open from May to August, there is bound to be one close to where you are.
As part of the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy, SCCY staff offer a number of free services for students, including:
- Assistance with resumes, cover letters, and application forms
- Mock interviews
- Information sessions on health & safety and employment standards
- Access to updated job listings
Plus, they are also responsible for organizing summer job fairs, including the hugely popular Service Canada Centre for Youth CNE Job Fair held each year in August.
For employers, SCCY staff offer a range of services, including:
- Assistance with promoting and filing short- and long-term job vacancies
- Listing job openings for free on the national student job bank
- Pre-screening of applicants
- Access to wage subsidy programs (e.g. Canada Summer Jobs)
- Information on labour standards and health & safety regulations
To find your closest SCCY location, visit click youth.gc.ca or click here.
For more information on the other youth programs funded by the Government of Canada, visit youth.gc.ca