Currently, the Office of the Lobbyist Registrar, the municipal department that promotes transparency and integrity in Toronto's government through public disclosure and regulation of lobbyists, is currently looking for one (1) Work Term Student to join it's team.
The job duties involve assisting registry advisors in maintaining the lobbyist registry and providing administrative support and vacation relief as needed.
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet the following key qualifications:
1. Currently a student or graduate of a course involving studies related to political science, law, or information technology
2. Highly developed communications skills (both verbal and written).
3. Highly developed analytical skills
4. Aptitude for and/or experience with online information management and/or registrations systems, in particular the use of IOS
5. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
6. Attention to detail required
As with all summer jobs with the City of Toronto, the position is temporary and will last approximately 4 months - until the end of August. The salary has not been disclosed; however, the position is unionized.
To apply for this opportunity, complete the City of Toronto Summer Jobs Application Form. In addition to your personal details, you will need to cut and paste your resume and cover letter into the appropriate field.
INSIDER'S TIP: Because the City of Toronto uses Resumix to collect resumes, you must ensure that you have a well-formatted and keyword-heavy electronic resume and cover letter. Also, make sure that you format your resume correctly since special fonts and characters will not show up properly.
To really make your application stand out, read a previous post I wrote on how to analyze job ads for specific keywords - I used a City of Toronto advertisement as an example and I recommend reading it before completing your application.
Keep in mind that applications for this job must be received by April 1, 2011.