If you plan on attending, take a look at the list of employers scheduled to attend today:
1. Boston Pizza will be at the job fair from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. They are looking to hire five (5) Kitchen Helpers and five (5) Restaurant Hosts.
2. Centreplate will be at the job fair from 10:00am to 5:00pm. They are looking to hire two (2) First Cooks, ten (10) Cashiers, ten (10) Food & Beverage Servers, ten (10) Bartenders, three (3) Bar Stewards, five (5) Equipment Development Technicians, and five (5) Service/Catering Bartenders.
The 2010 Service Canada CNE Job Fair will take place at the Dufferin Gates, which are located at 10 Dufferin Street, across from Medieval Times.
The best way to get there is via public transit.
TTC: Take the subway to Dufferin station and then take the 29 Dufferin bus southbound and exit at 'Dufferin Gate Loop'.
Go Transit: Take the Lakeshore West Go Train to Exhibition. Exit the station and walk west on Manitoba Drive to Saskatchewan Road. Continue west on Saskatchewan Road until you reach Dufferin Street.
INSIDER TIP: To maximize your time at the CNE job fair, remember these tips:
1. Create an eye-catching cover letter and a resume that stands out from the crowd.
2. Arrive early! Even though employers arrive throughout the day, you can begin to sign up for interviews at 9:00am. Get there early so you aren't disappointed!
3. Dress professionally! Business casual is best - you can't go wrong with khakis or dress pants and a button shirt.
4. Bring the following with you: photo ID (in case you get an on-the-spot job offer), activities (there's not much to do around the Dufferin Gates), and snacks/drinks (the food choices in the area are limited).
5. After registering for an interview, do not leave! You will lose your spot if your name is called and you don't show up.
For more information, contact the Service Canada Centre for Youth - Dufferin Mall location at 416 583 4806.