The annual, and hugely popular, Service Canada CNE Job Fair begins today at 9am!
In case you're thinking about attending the job fair, take note that the following employers will be present and looking to hire:
1. Mrs. Bridges British Bakery will be at the job fair from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. They are looking to hire four (4) Food & Beverage Servers.
2. Paragon Security will be at the job fair from 9:30am to 4:30pm. They are looking to hire twenty (20) Security Guards.
The 2010 Service Canada CNE Job Fair will take place at the Dufferin Gates, which are located at 10 Dufferin Street, across from Medieval Times.
View Larger Map
The best way to get there is via public transit.
TTC: Take the subway to Dufferin station and then take the 29 Dufferin bus southbound and exit at 'Dufferin Gate Loop'.
Go Transit: Take the Lakeshore West train to Exhibition Go Station. After exiting the station, walk west along Manitoba Drive to Saskatchewan Road. Continue to walk west until you reach Dufferin Street and then walk north.
INSIDER TIP: To maximize your time at the CNE job fair, remember these tips:
1. Create an eye-catching cover letter and a resume that stands out from the crowd.
2. Arrive early! Even though the job fair begins at 9am and employers arrive later in the day, you'll want to arrive early to register for interviews with the companies you really want to work for. Get there early so you aren't disappointed!
3. Dress professionally! Business casual is best - you can't go wrong with khakis or dress pants and a button shirt.
4. Bring the following with you: photo ID (in case you get an on-the-spot job offer), activities (there's not much to do around the Dufferin Gates), and snacks/drinks (the food choices in the area are limited).
5. After registering for an interview, do not leave! You may lose your spot and your chance to impress the hiring manager. Stay close by since staff will call your name to let you know that your interview is coming up.
For more information, contact the SCCY - Dufferin Mall staff at 416 583 4806 or sign up for email updates with belinda.ly (at) servicecanada.gc.ca.