For all those who have patiently waited, tomorrow is the day!
That's right, the wait is over - tomorrow, June 30th, is the yearly CNE Job Fair!
With both the CNE itself and some of the business that operate during the fair like North American Midway Entertainment and Tiny Tom Donuts looking to hire, this is a great chance to land a temporary summer job.
The 2010 CNE Job Fair begins tomorrow Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 10:00am and will run until 2:00pm. The job fair will be held at the Queen Elizabeth Building - Exhibit Hall located at 180 Princes' Boulevard (Exhibition Place).
If you're going to attend the fair, check out the CNE jobs website, which has a comprehensive list of the CNE summer jobs that recruiters will be looking to fill during the upcoming CNE job fair.
Once you've decided which job(s) you would like, complete the 2010 CNE employment application form and attach a copy of your resume.
Also, here are a few things to keep in mind before and during the fair:
- Bring extra copies of your resume because there will be other employers there, not just the CNE
- Dress professional (I recommend business casual)
- Take your time when answering questions and if you are unsure of the question, ask for clarification
- Thank the hiring manager for meeting with you
- Ask for a business card (or the contact details) of the person who interviewed you so that you can follow up a few days later
Most importantly, remember to have fun and keep a positive attitude.
And arrive early as the CNE job fair tends to be busy and attracts a large number of applicants.