If you're looking for a part-time job this summer - and one that will continue into the school year - then check out this opportunity from the City of Toronto's Economic Development & Culture Division.
Survey Assistant (Info To Go Counsellor) Part-Time
File Reference #: X10CSA19523
- Responsible for the year-round weekend operation of the Toronto Desk inside the Ontario Travel Information Centre
- Welcomes and engages in conversation with visitors to the Information Centre
- Maintains a high level of tourism knowledge
- Provides current and accurate information on festivals and events, attractions, tours, landmarks, neighbourhoods, accommodation suggestions, driving and public transit directions. (Staff will have daily access to the internet, a comprehensive reference manual, telephone contacts and various brochures.)
- Suggests age-appropriate leisure and entertainment activities that would be of interest to visitors
- Provides clear geographical and public transit directions to major attractions and landmarks
- Collects and tracks visitor inquiries, feedback and traffic coming into the centre
- Maintains a thorough inventory and fully-stocked brochure displays
- Performs varied administrative tasks associated with the operation of the Toronto Desk at the Ontario Travel Information Centre
1. Experience working with the public in a front-line customer service/information position.
2. Experience using Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel) and Internet Explorer.
3. Knowledge of the City of Toronto, its tourist attractions, neighbourhoods, festivals and events, public transit system, and major roads.
4. Ability to read a map and give directions.
5. Ability to continuously develop product knowledge and application through own initiatives.
6. Highly developed verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
7. Outgoing personality and ability to comfortably engage visitors
8. Ability to relate to individuals and groups from many socially diverse backgrounds.
9. Ability to effectively assess the needs and interests of visitors to determine appropriate responses and advice.
10. Excellent internet research skills.
11. Ability to work alone or in a team.
12. Ability to lift medium weight materials up to 50 pounds (i.e. boxes of brochures).
13. Preference will be given to those who can communicate in multiple languages.
14. Registered in a post secondary program in tourism or business an asset.
15. Certification in Standard First Aid/ CPR Level B (or higher) from an accredited WSIB training agency an asset.
16. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Salary: $14.03 per hour
Job status: Part-time
Duration: Year-round - weekends and holidays, with week days and evenings as required
To apply for this position, complete the online application form and upload your resume and cover letter.
Take note that applications must be received by May 18, 2010.