Are you a student looking for help with your summer job search?
Or are you an employer looking for help in promoting and filling your vacancy?
If you answered 'yes' to either question, then read on because today, I'm talking about the free services offered by your local Service Canada Centre for Youth (SCCY).
Since 1968, SCCYs across Canada have been helping students and employers with their summer employment needs. With more than 300 SCCY locations across Canada, all of which are open from May to August, there is bound to be one close to where you are.
As part of the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy, SCCY staff offer a number of free services for students, including:
- Assistance with resumes, cover letters, and application forms
- Mock interviews
- Information sessions on health & safety and employment standards
- Access to updated job listings
The staff also offer a range of free services for employers, such as:
- Assistance with promoting and filing short- and long-term job vacancies
- Listing job openings for free on the national student job bank
- Pre-screening of applicants
- Access to wage subsidy programs (e.g. Canada Summer Jobs)
- Information on labour standards and health & safety regulations
To find your closest SCCY location, click here
For more information on the other youth programs funded by the Government of Canada, visit youth.gc.ca