And if you're still looking for that ideal summer job, are available from the beginning of May until mid-September, and have a passion for working with people and promotions, then consider this CNE summer job opportunity!
Currently, the CNE is looking to hire a Corporate/Advance Sales & Community Relations Assistant.
The position reports to the Corporate/Advance Sales & Community Relations Coordinator and will run full-time from May 3 to September 10, 2010.
Essentially, the job entails assisting the coordinator with the Corporate, Advance and Online Sales programs and with the CNE's various Community Relations initiatives, including the School Pass and donation programs.
The major responsibilities of the job include:
Corporate/ Advance Sales:
1. Enter information into the client database, including ticket quantities, serial numbers and contact information
2. Contact past Corporate Sales clients to encourage ongoing participation and existing clients to expedite return of signed inventory forms
3. Assist with packaging of Advance Sale in-store collateral, including assigning serial numbers and packaging of promotional materials
4. Prepare and dispatch ticket orders to participating organizations
5. Troubleshoot and resolve client ticket problems
6. Communicate with courier to trace lost or misdirected packages
7. Monitor Internet for content related to Corporate/Advance Sales
1. Assist with administration and online promotion of the CNE’s Social Media presence, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, MySpace, CNE Blog, etc.
2. Assist with the Community Relations program, including evaluation and administration of incoming Community Events Team, Donation and Speaker requests
3. Research Community Events Team opportunities that are in line with marketing strategy
4. Assist with recruiting, training and supervision of Community Events Team
5. Fulfill requests from schools for additional Kid’s Passes and enter information into database
1. Provide customer service
2. Fulfill information requests, e.g. mail brochures, information packages, etc.
3. Perform daily office administrative/clerical duties, e.g. research, photocopying, faxing, filing, as required
In order to be considered for the position, applications must meet the following key qualifications:
1. Completion of or enrollment in a post-secondary program in the area of Marketing or Public Relations an asset
2. Proven customer service skills
3. Experience with cash handling/control procedures an asset
4. Comfortable working with a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft Access, Excel and Word
5. Familiarity with and interest in the online world, including the various Social Media, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc
6. Good written and verbal communication skills
7. Diplomacy and ability to represent the CNE to corporate clients and community event organizers
8. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
9. Outgoing, reliable and courteous
10. Must be able to carry up to 25 lbs
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Pat Trajanovski, Human Resources
200 Princes’ Boulevard
Queen Elizabeth Building
Toronto, Ontario, M6K 3C3
You can submit your application via fax (416 263 3690), email ptrajanovski(at)explace.on.ca, or via mail to the above address.
Take note that applications are due by Wednesday, April 28, 2010.