The Hastings Children's Aid Society (HCAS) is currently looking to hire a number of university students to work within its various departments over the summer. These positions are ideal for students studying social work/psychology and who want to pursue a career in working with children and families.
The positions, based out of HCAS' Belleville, Quinte West, and North Hastings offices, are set to begin in May and will run until August. They also pay $14.70/hr for 35 hours per week.
In order to be considered, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Completion of second year university studies, preferably working towards a Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor of Psychology degree, or a degree that has a significant focus on children and families
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience of working with children and/or families in some capacity, either paid or unpaid
- Clean driving license with daily use of a vehicle
- $100,000 insurance liability
- Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
Applicants must also be returning to university studies in the fall of 2010.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com as online applications sent via email are preferred.
However, applications can also be sent via fax to 613 962 7036 or sent directly to:
Human Resources Department
Hastings Children's Aid Society
363 Dundas Street West
Please note that there does not appear to be an application deadline; however, the positions are being advertised on the Service Canada Student Job Bank until March 11, 2010 and with an early May start date, you will want to send your application in as soon as possible.