Canjet, one of Canada's charter airline companies, is currently recruiting for Seasonal Flight Attendants based out of Toronto Pearson International Airport.
Even with the economy in shambles, Canjet is still conducting a huge hiring spree as they recently signed an agreement with Air Transat to operate additional travel routes. So while no job is 100% secure, especially in the travel industry, this one is about as solid and reliable as you can get.
And remember that this is a great opportunity for those looking to work in customer service and travel to over 20 sun-drenched destinations in the Caribbean during the cold winter months. Plus, it's a great stepping stone for a future career in the airline industry with large-scale carriers - think Air Canada, Lufthansa, British Airways, Air France, Emirates, Qantas, etc. - all of which travel to even more remote and exotic world locales.
Based on the job ad, the responsibilities of the position include:
- Strictly enforce emergency and safety procedures consistent with all Transport Canada regulations and company policies/procedures
- Coordinate on-board activity with In-charge Flight Attendant
- Provide leadership, direction, and assistance during emergencies
- Report any and all activities which could adversely affect passenger safety to appropriate cabin personnel
- Communicate regularly with Cabin Services on daily operations
- Work in aircraft aisles and galleys, standing, reaching, walking, kneeling, and stooping, and sitting during takeoff and landing
- Operate mechanical and safety equipment including stairs, oxygen systems, aircraft doors (pushing and pulling), evacuation slides, fire extinguishers, life rafts, galley equipment, communications equipment, and lighting systems
- Deliver exceptional customer service while performing pre-flight and in-flight duties, including serving beverages/snacks, cash handling and accounting of receipts
- Perform other duties as assigned.
And in order to considered for the position, ensure you have/meet the following qualifications:
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both French and English (Candidates must successfully complete Language screening to be considered)
- Above average interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Minimum two years previous Customer Service Experience
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work rotating shift work and travel on a consistent basis
- Must successfully complete initial Flight Attendant Training Program (approximately 4 weeks in duration)
- Must have a valid passport
- Must have Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status (in possession of a permanent Resident Card) with the ability to travel without restrictions
- Must be at least 19 years of age at time of employment
- Must have or have the ability to obtain Transportation Security Clearance (Restricted Area Pass)
- Ability to meet Flight Attendant Grooming Standards
- Live within two hours ground transportation of the Pearson International Airport.
Applications should be made online through IMP Group's website, which is the website of the parent company of Canjet. And apply as quickly as possible as Canjet has flight attendant training courses scheduled to begin in early September and October.
And as with any other job where you apply online using the Taleo system, make sure you have a professional and easy-to-scan electronic resume that's full of power phrases and key phrases/words derived from the job ad!