Do you like politics? Are you fascinated by what goes on in Canada's House of Commons and Senate?
Do you think you're the next Prime Minister?
If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, then check out the summer employment opportunities available through the Parliament of Canada.
Of course, most, if not all, of the positions are based in Ottawa, but it's a great city to live in and if you are really keen on politics, there's no better place to be in Canada.
Parliament of Canada - Summer Student Employment Program (Senate)
This programme allows students to gain valuable experience working within the corridors of Canada's Parliament buildings.
In order to apply, you must:
- Be a full-time student (secondary or post-secondary) in an accredited institution OR be returning to full-time studies for the next academic term
- Be currently recognized as having full-time student status by the academic institution in which you are presently enrolled
- Be the minimum age to work in the province where the job exists
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
In order to apply, you are asked to send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - in the subject line, please write 'Student Employment Program'.
Parliament of Canada - Summer Student Employment Program (House of Commons)
Similar to the programme listed above, this is another chance to work in Ottawa at the Parliament buildings, only this time, your work will relate to the activities in the House of Commons.
If you are interested in applying, you must:
- Be a full-time student (secondary or post-secondary) and have full-time student status in a recognized institution
- Be registered as a full-time student in your next academic term
In order to apply, please download and fill out an application form, and send it, along with your resume to:
Summer Student Employment Program
Human Resources and Corporate Planning Services
Room 11-10, 131 Queen Street
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0A6
House of Commons
Fax: (613)-995-1470 or Email: email@example.com
Student Work Program - Library of Parliament
Interested in working over the summer at the Library of Parliament?
If so, download and fill out an application form and send it, along with a resume to:
Student Employment Program
Human Resources Service
Library of Parliament
Fax: (613) 995-9582
And should you have any questions, please e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org.